Accessing remote PC (ssh?)

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:15:00 GMT 2007


Hi All...

>From: "Charles D. Russell" Subject: Re: Accessing remote PC (ssh?)
>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:29:11 -0600
>
>Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>
>   You
>>could check your network settings under Windows to see if it properly
>>points to your router for DNS.
>
>Can this advice be reduced to a simple instruction for someone who
>doesn't understand what he is doing?  One reason I use Cygwin is to
>avoid having to learn anything about Windows.
>
>Simply killing known_hosts when necessary is a pretty good solution for
>me, since the IP adresses seem stable for weeks at a time, perhaps until
>I go out of town for a while and leases run out. I don't know whether
>these leases come from Windows or from the router. If I understand
>correctly, Windows XP can support a LAN even without a router.
>

You could also create a config file in your .ssh directory and suppress 
storing the ip address in the known_hosts file for the addresses that change 
from time to time. Try

man ssh_config

for details.

...Karl

_________________________________________________________________
Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you 
need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list