NEWBIE

Curt curt@trueheavymetal.net
Fri Mar 16 22:18:00 GMT 2007

OK hours later and two re-installs I have come to the conclusion that none
of the online tutorials are 100% accurate.
More to the point: they are really lacking important informations regarding
adding users.
I know for a fact that the problem is related to permisions, but I have yet
to track it down completley.
The ONLY way i am able to have users log in successfully is if they are part
of the admin group (MS SBS 2003) which is really not what I want at all.
That gives them rights to the whole cygwin folder and that's just not going
to work.
I have read that the user needs to be able to WRITE to some files in the ETC
folder, but there is so much bad information about this project, I am not
sure what to think.  I have had to log on locally with the user accounts in
order to get cwgwin to add a home folder for my clients which is a pain
becasue you have to change permissions to let the user log on locally and
then log in and create a damn profile for them.  Then run the bash... OMG
Anyway, even after I did all that (I did resolve the passwrod error issue by
doing that) it still give me the "cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the
host running an SFTP server?" ERROR.  So I guess the standard domain user
does not have the rights to run something (maybe as a process?)
Anyway, I have searched and SEARCHED for answers but have found non  on the
cygwin site or Google, and frankly, I think there is so much DIS-information
out there, I am afraid to ask the wrong person.  So if you can help me I
would appreciate it.
Can I add users WITHOUT them being in the admin group?
Thanks

Curt