Thanks for the help I apparently am missing something here......

Kevin Markle kmarkle@pbs.org
Sat Mar 17 04:53:00 GMT 2007


Pedro Alves explained :
> Eric Blake wrote:
>> Pedro Alves <pedro_alves <at> portugalmail.pt> writes:
>>
>>
>>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>>
>>>>   Ctrl+D is a better way to close the file actually.  If you mean EOF, 
>>>> why 
>>>>
>> not
>>
>>>> *say* EOF? 
>>>>   
>>>>
>>> Unless you type it one time too much, and ... uupps, there goes the shell 
>>> :)
>>>
>>
>> Which is why I have 'set -o ignoreeof' in my ~/.bashrc.
>>
>>
> Perfect!
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Pedro Alves
>
>
>
>
>> Or you could set the IGNOREEOF environment variable.
>>
>> And you don't like ^D?  Then stty can change EOF to some other sequence.

I recieved some advice about not having a network drive attached to the 
profile I was logging into so I uninstalled cygwin and installed it 
with an account that does not have a network share included with the 
login.

After this I setup cron using cron-config.

I selected yes to netsec if that is okay. I have a general idea of what 
netsec is but don't know how it pertains to this problem.

Is this what all of you guys are saying this file should look like?

sys-scheduler@backup /
$ more cronmail.sh
cat > /cronmail.txt

I keep getting this in the eventvwr:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( /usr/sbin/cron ) cannot 
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry 
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote 
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this 
description; see Help and Support for details. The following 
information is part of the event: /usr/sbin/cron: PID 2624: 
(sys-scheduler) RELOAD (tabs/sys-scheduler).

My crontab looks like this:
5       *       *       *       *       /croncheckscript.sh

The croncheckscript.sh looks like this:
sys-scheduler@backup /
$ more croncheckscript.sh
echo are_you_working  >> cronoutput.out

My Permsiions look like this and this :-[ thing still wont' work?
sys-scheduler@backup /
$ ls -al
total 13
drwxrwx---+ 11 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    0 Mar 17 00:28 .
drwxrwx---+ 11 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    0 Mar 17 00:28 ..
drwxrwx---+  2 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    0 Mar 16 23:50 bin
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    0 Mar 17 00:20 
croncheckscript.out
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d   40 Mar 17 00:04 
croncheckscript.sh
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d   20 Mar 17 00:28 cronmail.sh
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    3 Mar 17 00:27 cronmail.txt
-rwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d   32 Mar 17 00:31 
cronoutput.out
dr-xr-xr-x   1             0 root           0 Dec 31  1969 cygdrive
-rwxr-x---+  1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d   70 Mar 16 23:52 cygwin.bat
-rwxr-x---+  1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d 7022 Mar 16 23:52 cygwin.ico
drwxrwx---+ 34 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d    0 Mar 16 23:57 etc

The link is:
sys-scheduler@backup /usr/sbin
$ ls -al | grep sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx   1 sys-scheduler mkgroup-l-d      12 Mar 17 00:03 sendmail 
-> /cronmail.sh




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list