Bash still wants to beep during tab completion
Eric Lilja
mindcooler@gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:18:00 GMT 2007
Eric Blake skrev:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> According to Eric Lilja on 3/19/2007 6:43 AM:
>> Hello, I've changed my .inputrc to:
>>
>> # or, don't beep at me - show me
>> set bell-style visible
>>
>>
>> But bash still beeps (one time) if I do for example:
>> $ cd
>> $ cd <tab> <-- Beeps here
>> I performed source .inputrc but got some error messages so I restarted
>> bash completely instead. What am I missing? cygcheck.out attached
>
> Thanks for the report, and I'm still investigating. But it appears you
> are using cmd.com based on $TERM=cygwin. And in the readline source code,
> even if visible bells are requested, readline falls back on an audible
> bell if it can't figure out how to do a visible alert on your terminal.
> Therefore, my guess is that the cygwin termcap/terminfo entry lacks
> whatever string causes a visible bell (and more likely, the cygwin tty
> code lacks support for visible alerts altogether).
Thanks for the reply. I will use set-bell-style none for now. I'm using
TCI (like it better than rxvt), hope it's not causing any additional
problems.
- Eric
>
> - --
> Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!
>
> Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
> Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iD8DBQFF/onl84KuGfSFAYARAmI5AJ0eF5I5c+090sG09V0Es+kTl3QI4gCcD6pf
> kc69vxvTwYXRYQEedVsv2gM=
> =eweL
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list