The /r error message while running a script?

Kevin Markle kmarkle@pbs.org
Tue Mar 27 21:24:00 GMT 2007


Larry Hall (Cygwin) laid this down on his screen :
> Kevin Markle wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> I'm attempting to write a script in cygwin. When I copy the line from the 
>> script and run it from the command line it works.
>> 
>> touch "/cygdrive/e/wsus/wsus_update_report.out"
>> 
>> When I run the script it gives me this error:
>> 
>> sys-scheduler@backup /cygdrive/e/wsus
>> $ ./patch.sh
>> + ./patch.sh
>>                                                WSUS Client Update Report 
>> for Tue-03-27-2007
>> touch: cannot touch `/cygdrive/e/wsus/wsus_update_report.out\r': No such 
>> file or directory
>> ./patch.sh: line 11: $'\r': command not found
>> ./patch.sh: line 13: $'\r': command not found
>> ./patch.sh: line 15: $'\r': command not found
>> ./patch.sh: line 16: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r''
>> '/patch.sh: line 16: `function checkreportingerrors {
>> 
>> The thing that is making it hard for me to troubleshoot this is that I have 
>> never scene the \r error and have no idea what it means. :/ Does anybody 
>> have any suggestions or ideas...
>
>
> d2u ./patch.sh

Thanks this worked! Does this fix files created in Windows and moved 
over or?

Thanks again..




--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list