I need some pointers on compiling please.

Lewis Hyatt lhyatt@princeton.edu
Thu Mar 29 15:24:00 GMT 2007

Richard Quadling wrote:
> Hi.
>
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Backup_Restore/Q_22479665.html
>
> Basically, I want to create DVD ISO images via some sort of command
> line tool. Burning them is secondary at the moment, but this looks
> entirely possible too.
>
> To that end I've downloaded cdrtools, de-tar'd it and then ran make
> and got a "hang" on ...
>
> "checking if we may not define our own malloc()..."
>
> And that's it. Nothing else.
>
> I read that smake is recommended by the author of cdrtools, so I
> downloaded that and ran make and got the same "hang".

He only recommends smake because he wrote smake :-). Either build tool
is going to call the same configure script, which is what is hanging for
you. I just downloaded the distribution, untarred it, and typed "make",
and it works fine for me. You might need to re-post more information,
such as the output of 'cygcheck -svr', for people to help you out. I
think usually the problem is a virus checker / firewall / etc that you
have running in the background, but that's just a guess.

-Lewis