How can I uninstall Cygwin? -- Where must I enter "umount" for this purpose?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sun May 6 10:12:00 GMT 2007

Ghuoargh schrieb:
> A few days ago I have downloaded Cygwin from cygwin.com and installed it
> on my computer.
> However, since then some other programs did not function properly any
> more and it may be that Cygwin is responsible for this.
> Therefore I want to uninstall Cygwin.
> I read on the pages of cygwin.com, that in order to do this I need to
> enter the command "umount" (several times) somewhere and uninstall by
> this procedure all mount points which are listed when I enter "mount"
> alone (this procedure is correct, or?).

Please read
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all

mount points are just registry entries which do no harm to other
programs and are deleted by step 6 of the FAQ entry.