Access of files using absolute path (was: Error opening script file)

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Mon May 7 17:09:00 GMT 2007

* Ronald Fischer (Mon, 7 May 2007 17:31:27 +0200)
> I experimented around with other applications. So far, I found that jar
> and jruby
> have the problem that they can't open a file if it is listed absolutely
> (/cygdrive/...),
> while for example ruby or zsh do not show this problem. So I first
> thought that maybe
> those applications have not been written with cygwin in mind - but then,
> they would
> have failed even with relative files - won't they?

Jruby and java are not Cygwin applications so they won't understand
Cygwin paths (/cygdrive/) even if they can use \ and / as path
delimiters.