[ANNOUNCEMENT] clisp-2.41-2 released

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 03:02:00 GMT 2007

Aaron Brown wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Hmm, ok, I was misunderstanding the problem then. You are
>> getting a new package list, right? (I.e. you are not
>> trying to install locally?)
>
> Correct.
>
> It's actually a bit different than the descriptions I gave
> in my last couple messages:
>
> If I leaved "Curr" selected, the cycle is:
>
>  2.41-2 --> Keep --> 2.41-1 --> Uninstall --+
>              ^                              |
>              +------------------------------+
>
> That is, it starts on 2.41-2, but never goes back to that
> version.

Hmm, that /is/ odd. In fact, it sounds like it might be a weird setup
bug i.e. an installed version that is no longer available messes up the
cycle. I would definitely try a setup snapshot and checking the log as
per Brian's advice (although I'm not sure if the log will help since
setup does seem to know about the new version). If you're feeling
adventurous you could download the setup source code and have a look
around. :-)

Meanwhile I would guess that installing the 'prev' version first would work.

--
Matthew
child: Do not try to read the .sig. That is impossible. Instead you must