Cygwin Easy: let you work with Cygwin without any installation

Morgan Gangwere 0.fractalus@gmail.com
Sun May 20 15:18:00 GMT 2007

On 5/18/07, whitone <whitone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
>       I create Cygwin Easy, an autorun disk that let you work easily
> and quickly with Cygwin environment in a Windows computer without
> install anything on your hard disk.
>
> Visit the project site for more infos: http://www.cygwineasy.tk
>
> Here you can find also a video with Cygwin Easy running on Windows
> Vista! (I try to upload this video to google video but the quality
> degradated and the commands written to the shells weren't readable. If
> someone know an online video service without quality loss please let
> me know)
>
> The ISO image downloadable from main site includes 448 software
> packages (X is one of these), shortly with Cygwin Easy you can do
> everything you want.
>
> Howewer you can create your own ISO or USB disk (development of Cygwin
> Easy, for example, was made in my USB hard disk) following the
> instructions that you can found here:
> http://code.google.com/p/cygwin-easy/wiki/CreateYourCygwinEasyDisk
>
> Cygwin Easy includes also the console project
> (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/console): thanks to this you can
> switch to more cygwin shells with tabs (keyboard shorcuts are similar
> to Linux: ALT-Fx to switch to x console).
>
> I point my attention also on computers where Cygwin is already
> installed, in this case after you use Cygwin Easy the system return
> back to the previous environment.
>
> Read the documentation on the project site for more informations and features.
>
> If you have problem with Cygwin Easy or you want to give me some
> suggestions please post in the project discussion group:
> http://groups.google.com/group/cygwin-easy
>
> I would to thank fergus
> (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01117.html) and Dick
> Repasky (http://xlivecd.indiana.edu), without their works Cygwin Easy
> wasn't possible.
>
> I hope you find this project useful, try it and let me know your impressions.
>
> Use Cygwin everywhere with Cygwin Easy!
>
> whitone
>
> PS: I create Cygwin Easy because Windows is the only OS without an
> UNIX-like shell (PowerShell has similar commands but different syntax
> and it's a bit slow because it's .NET based), an indispensable system
> component for me that I work with Linux, Mac OS X, Haiku and Solaris.
> Thanks to Cygwin Easy I can use this shell in every Windows
> installation I find.
>
> --

Well, thank you for showing How to run Cygwin on Vista; _technicallly_
you arent a 3pp (third Party Pervert) just by pacakging a live Cygwin
install - thats been done for ages for Irssi (the irc client) - i'll
mirror that video though, so that it isnt just on Google's servers
(they tend to have problems with large files)

but Thank You Much for the work!

--
Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.