1.5.24 -2 cygwin python 2.5.1 problem, "import sqlite3" fail

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Mon Nov 5 21:16:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 08:06:37PM -0000, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Jason Tishler (Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:19:13 -0500)
> > [snip]
> > AFAICT, Python's _sqlite3 extension module is dependent on SQLite
> > <http://www.sqlite.org/> which is not part of the standard Cygwin
> > distribution.  This is why Cygwin Python does not contain
> > _sqlite3.dll.
>
> Well, but it should because it's a part of a standard Python
> installation. See "New, Improved, and Removed Modules": "If you're
> compiling the Python source yourself, note that the source tree
> doesn't include the SQLite code, only the wrapper module. You'll need
> to have the SQLite libraries and headers installed before compiling
> Python, and the build process will compile the module when the
> necessary headers are available."

Understood, but as I indicated above, SQLite is not part of the standard
Cygwin distribution.  If someone contributes SQLite, then I will release
Cygwin Python with SQLite support enabled.

Jason