ssh broken?

Larry Hall (Cygwin) reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Nov 8 14:14:00 GMT 2007


Erik M wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I also got the same problem since a few days.
> 
> I have done a complete reinstall of cygwin, but it didn't help.
> 
> I get "ssh: connect to host ... port 22: No error" immediately 
> regardless if the address I try towards actually exists or not.
> 
> I used wireshark on the destination computer, and saw some traffic on 
> port 22 when I tried to connect to it. Havn't looked into it in detail.
> 
> I downloaded and installed putty, and it works fine.
> 
> Tried to disable firewalls, no change.
> 
> I also noticed that I have some problems with the x-server.
> 
> startx gives
> .
> .
> _XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed
> 
> And i I try "xhost +" in the opened xterm i get
> xhost: unable to open display "localhost:0.0"

WAG given the anecdotal information so far - 
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

Other than that, I recommend <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

-- 
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746

_____________________________________________________________________

A: Yes.
 > Q: Are you sure?
 >> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
 >>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list