Latest cygwin and rsync

BB brent.bolin@gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:35:00 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 6:16 PM, David Rothenberger <daveroth@acm.org> wrote:
> On 11/13/2007 6:49 AM, BB wrote:
> > Option for rsync --remove-source-files does not work.
> >
> > Complains --remove-source-files unknown
> >
> > rsync -avz --remove-source-files root@192.168.0.2:/tmp/foo .
> >
> > Anybody have ideas?
>
> The version of rsync on Cygwin understands --remove-source-files, but
> the version on the remote system does not. Both copies of rsync need to
> be recent enough to include the switch.
>
> --
> David Rothenberger  ----  daveroth@acm.org
>
> "Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so."
>                  -- Ford Prefect, _Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_
>

> --

Thanks for your reply.  I just figured what was going on.  Was using
rsync to Mac osx.  The rsync version downloaded from fink does have
the option for --remove-source-files.  The native version of rsync
that comes with Mac osx (Darwin 8.10.0) does not.  The native version
is in the PATH.

The rsync script that I'm trying to configure will be connecting to a
BSD box, pulling down old mail archive files and then removing them
from the source systems.

All is good.