Announce: FlexDLL, flexible DLLs under Windows

Thu Nov 22 18:06:00 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 04:15:50AM -0500, Robert Kiesling wrote:
>ISTM it would be easier to add event notifiers to the shell or the
>app, although the implementation of that would almost certainly require
>a code fork.  And the memory management and the practice of loading Windows
>apps with Unix is much better documented.  AND although Cygwin is limited by
>its use of static libraries in that regard, the task would not be impossible.
>
>Just my 0.02.

My $.02: I can't grok most of the above.  Cygwin doesn't rely on a
shell, adding "event notifiers" doesn't make a lot of sense in this
context, and the mention of static libraries doesn't really seem
pertinent to a disscussion of shared library loading.

cgf