big enormous shell script - to remotely execute .exes on machines

airzonk gabegreen@gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:05:00 GMT 2007

Hi all:

I need to write a shell script that does the following:

* Takes a list of machines by IP address and mounts the C$ share
* For each of these machines, executes an .exe on the *remote* host, not the
machine I am running the script from.  I am not sure if this is even
possible; these machines do not have the cygwin dll or environment on them.

* This executable causes the remote thin clients to reboot into write filter
enable mode - which allows changes to be made.  It needs to sleep for about
5 minutes after the last machine has the remote .exe executed.

* After the sleep, it needs to (re) mount each machine's C$ share and copy
an identical set of files over to each directory.

I think the kicker here is having the .exe run on the *remote* machine, not
the local one.  Anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks -
Gabe