Home directory

Gmane User fma@doe.carleton.ca
Thu Oct 4 04:35:00 GMT 2007

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 02 October 2007 15:26, Gmain User wrote:
>
>> Brian Dessent <brian <at> dessent.net> writes:

>>> less /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/coreutils-*.README
>> Thanks, Brian.  I was actually asking in the context of not updating cygwin
>> right away.  Whether or not one could access up-to-date accumulation of
>> release notes, possibly on the web.
>
>   Yes, absolutely.  See http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/.

I did indeed check that before posting to ask about where release notes can be
found.  In fact, they can be found peicemeal at http://tinyurl.com/2dxno3, but
it makes it hard to quickly scan for changes to "mv".  Many software systems
have cumulative release notes with each new release...would the release notes
can be findable in such a form online?  I am referring to an accumulation of
release notes for coreutils, all rolled up in one notice.

P.S. Sorry for the repetition, but the limit on quoted material in follow-ups
causes points already covered to be lost.