Does Cygwin run on Windows 2003 64 bit?

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Sat Oct 6 05:08:00 GMT 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> samuel.m.snitman@accenture.com wrote:
>> Can you please tell me if Cygwin is expected to run on Windows 2003 64
>> bit Enterprise Edition?
>
> Yes (but Cygwin won't magically be 64-bit). I use Cygwin on a 2k3 r2 x64
> box to create a unix-like build environment (that matches the other
> platforms we support). Note that currently there is no 64-bit version of
> GCC available for Windows, AFAIK.
Off topic and incorrect, as the mingw one offered by FX Coudert worked
for me.  I'd continue dreaming of a 64-bit Cygwin, if I thought that
might come true.
I'm making another effort to build and test gcc for cygwin (32-bit)
under cygwin on Windows XP64. You'll be able to judge the success by
whether it shows up on gcc-testsuite. libdecnumber configure went bad on
me several times, but I doubt cygwin is strictly to blame.