having problem fixing x installation and other minor things.

Mike Marchywka marchywka@hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:38:00 GMT 2007

>   The usual things: cygcheck to see if any packages are listed as
>incomplete,

Thanks- as I indicated in PM your suggestion immediately pointed to the
groff install.

>re-running setup.exe, looking in /etc/postinstall for scripts that aren't

However, re-running setup isn't quite working because trying to uninstall
one particular
item causes it to bomb. This xorg-x11-fnts isn't quite right as I can't
uninstall it :
xorg-x11-fenc           6.8.99.901-1       OK
xorg-x11-fnts           6.8.1.0-3          OK
xorg-x11-fscl           6.8.99.901-1       OK

What is the safest way to manually ( not using setup ) uninstall this and do
a clean
reinstall or figure out what is causing setup to terminate? I did an almost
clean, except for above thing, uninstall and reinstall of X and it still
doesn't run. Also, it appears if I download packages
first, and then try to reinstall from local directory that the packages
disappear during
the uninstall even if needed for the subsequent install ( lots of missing
file dialog boxes
and it didn't look like the reinstall actually happened).

Thanks.