one othe robservation about my install update

Mike Marchywka marchywka@hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:04:00 GMT 2007

I had moved /usr to a different disk from my other stuff for a variety of
reasons.
This had been working quite well with a link.
I noticed that during the update, someone created a new /usr directory:

$ ls -al  | grep usr
drwxrwxrwx+  16 Administrator  Users       0 Oct  8 18:26 usr
drwxrwxrwx+  16 Administrator  Users       0 Oct  8 18:26 usr

I'm still sorting this out but thought I would pass it along as it seems a
bit
surprising. Windoze explorer shows the two, one as a link folder and the
other
as a real directory. I'm going to try to copy the new dir into the old
linked dir
after backing up the old. Hopefully, everything will just merge...