Unable to install cygwin setup.exe - need help.

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Oct 11 12:23:00 GMT 2007

On 11 October 2007 13:16, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> nbaski@nitt.edu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I was trying to setpup Cygwin in my PC. I tried with many mirror site
>> near to me. But, I get the following error messgae from all the mirror
>> site:
>>
>>   Unable to get setup.ini from "mirror site" (all that I added during
>> installation).
>>
>>   Could you please, let me know how to resolve this problem.
>

> Try a different mirror site.

  Try a mirror site that's different to all sites?  Sounds a bit Zen.  What is the mirror site that is different from all mirror sites?

  Sounds like a firewall problem.  Make sure setup.exe is granted internet access.  If you use a proxy for browsing the web, make sure you select "Use IE5 settings" on the "Select your internet connection" page, or select "Use HTTP/FTP proxy" and enter the proxy details directly.  If that still doesn't help, do a more basic test: check if you can get to the mirror site in your  browser and find setup.ini there.

    cheers,
      DaveK