small problems with rxvt-20050409-6

Sat Sep 1 16:58:00 GMT 2007

Lapo Luchini wrote:
>> b) alt-backspace deletes TWO words instead of one in both bash and zsh
>
> Solved in 20050409-7.

Good.

>> a) I guess the font system has changed, as it now both looks nicer and
>> kindly ignore my previously working .Xsession line
>
> Err, I meant .Xdefaults.
> rxvt seems to work with "rxvt.font" but not anymore with "*font" as it
> did a couple releases ago.

More specific patterns in the search chain are preferred over general
ones.  Since /etc/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt contains:

Rxvt*font:
Rxvt*boldfont:

those take precedence over "*font". Either remove those lines from
/etc/X11/app-defaults/Rxvt, specify 'class' settings (Rxvt*font) in your
.Xdefaults, or 'invocation' settings (rxvt*font) in your .Xdefaults.

--
Chuck