Bash.exe stays open after Putty is closed

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Sat Apr 5 16:53:00 GMT 2008

NightStrike wrote:
> Killing putty with Alt-F4 is the same as losing connectivity, or putty
> crashing (rare as that is), or any of several other scenarios where
> there is abnormal termination. Does bash remain running under any
> abnormal termination? If so, that's a bug. If not, what makes things
> like connectivity loss different from closing putty with Alt-f4?
I agree, any cause of termination of the window should kill the children
like bash. However, I'm curious, why are you using Putty instead of just
ssh? I assume you mean Putty on Windows. If you have Cygwin why not
simply do ssh <host>?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
DUMBWAITER: one who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.