fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11

Kornél Pál kornelpal@gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:27:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am using cygwin for comiling Mono on Windows but recently I kepp getting
error messages:

  18858 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
1168010 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
3176500 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11
../../libtool: line 2513: /usr/bin/sed: Resource temporarily unavailable

After that all further process creation fails and while make is trying to
create new processes, process initialization of other non-cygwin processes
(like iexplore.exe) fails as well with a MessageBox from ntdll.dll.

This problem occurs after some time of using cygwin but at random points.

It's very weird that after terminating all processes that use cygwin (I
checked this with Process Explorer) the problem still remains. Logging out
(killing the window session) doesn't help either.

The only solution is to restart Windows.

Please let me know what should I do to resolve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Please reply to my address as well, I'm not on the list.

KornĂŠl