cygport missing features after 0.3.9 [Was: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.5-3]

Fri Apr 25 22:27:00 GMT 2008

> I just uploaded 0.3.9, so you should be able to start
> porting your customized .cygport's for it.
>
> Are there any other features you still need?

Dunno. I'll port forward my existing patches (except the relocatable
stuff), and then see.  It's when I'm forward porting that I usually
discover what's been obsoleted, and what needs to be reworked, among my
patches.

Offhand, I'd say:

  (1) being able to specify a -d path to cvs that differs from
CVS_MODULE (used by libgeotiff; the actual libgeotiff source is not a
module itself, but is buried inside the 'geotiff' module. I don't want
that other stuff, AND I don't want src/geotiff/libgeotiff, nor the
libgeotiff-tarball having geotiff/ in it, where geotiff/ is otherwise
empty.)

  (2) a post install hook (used by rxvt-unicode)

  (3) custom-cmds patch (otherwise running the cvs testsuite all-at-once
is just too painful, since there is no -k option...it's shell script
driven, not makefile driven)

THEN I'll think about how to port the bitrotted relocatable stuff.  But
that may just be too ugly and intrusive, and not useful enough for
anything other than libiconv and gettext, to push into the official
cygport. I don't mind maintaining THAT out-of-tree; it was just that
/plus/ all the other patches that made me want to take up a more serene
hobby, like basejumping.

--
Chuck