Just upgraded last night pop3 now giving errors

René Berber r.berber@computer.org
Sun Apr 27 01:54:00 GMT 2008

Wes S wrote:

[snip]
> Now uw-ipop3d seems to be looking  where exim was putting files back
> in 2005 before I changed the exim configuration to make uw-ipop3d
> happy back then.
>
> How do I make uw-ipop3d look in /var/mail where it was looking up to
> a couple days ago?  I guess I need another clue.

You are right, the change was in the announcement:

   http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2008-03/msg00379.html

So now it is /var/spool/mail/<username>; you can do what many others do
(Solaris and Linux), create a link from /var/mail to /var/spool/mail :

ln -s /var/spool/mail /var/mail

BTW, I already have that link, but I don't remember if I did it or
installing exim or uw-imap did it (a long time ago since nowadays I
build those packages myself -- current exim is 4.69, Cygwin is still at
4.68).
--
René Berber