ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION when trying to run asteriskwin32 under cygwin

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Apr 30 20:18:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote on 30 April 2008 20:08:

> On Apr 30 13:51, al costa wrote:
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> We installed AsteriskWin32 0.66b build from Asterisk
>> 1.2.26.2 on both a K6 with 544 Mb RAM and a dualcore
>> with 2 Gb RAM. Both run windows 2003 SP2 and cygwin
>> 1.5.25-11.

> Other than that, I have no idea why it doesn't work on the K6.  Maybe
> gcc emits an instruction which is not available on the old K6 design.

  If the binary of asterisk was configured and compiled on a >K6 machine, it's
probably defaulted to use SSE2 instructions, which IIRC weren't around back
when K6 was current.

    cheers,
      DaveK