1.5.25 Cannot see all files/directories on mapped shares

Ski Kacoroski kacoroski@gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:54:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am running 1.5.25 on Windows 2003.  When I map a share from a Windows
server I have no problems and can see all the files.  When I map a share
from a samba server I cannot only see some of the files and directories.
  I can see all the files and directories when I view the share from the
Windows explorer.  I have tried with rxvt and the standard console
window and get the same result.

Specifically the share is mapped as vol01admin and has a Staff folder in
it.  The Staff folder has 1441 directories viewable from windows, but I
can only see 131 from cygwin.  There are several perl and dos scripts in
the directory of which only 1 is visible from cygwin.  When I view the
permissions on the scripts and directories from windows using xcacls
there are no differences between the ones I can  see from cygwin and the
ones I cannot see from cygwin.

Any ideas on how to proceed are most appreciated.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski@gmail.com, 206-501-9803
or ski98033 on most IM services