Windows CIFS share "ls: reading directory .: permission denied"

Wed Aug 6 20:44:00 GMT 2008

Freddy Jensen wrote:

> After much experimentation, I had to give up on making
> it work directly with the share on the server.
>
> Instead I tried to run Samba on a SparcSolaris 9 machine
> and then go through the Samba connection for all access
> to the server.
>
> This method works, but it is slower than going directly
> to the server.
>
> I really wish someone on the cygwin development team
> could spare a few cycles to look into this problem.
>
> Perhaps it doesn't affect very many people, because
> I haven't seen a whole lot of reports about this
> problem.
>
> Any further insight will be appreciated.

If you're interested to see if this problem is solved or still
exists in the upcoming 1.7 release, you might be interested in
grabbing a snapshot and trying it out.  See:

<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>

You can report your successes or "challenges" here. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746