sssssh . . . qmail-send is listening

Thu Aug 21 02:53:00 GMT 2008

David M. Besonen wrote:
> On 8/20/2008 11:32 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>
>> David M. Besonen wrote:

<snip>

>>> sorry for posting to the wrong list but when i tried to
>>> subscribe to the cygwin-xfree list the ezmlm mailing list
>>> software decided i was a spammer and blocked my email
>>> address.  i followed the instructions to unblock my email
>>> address but i'm still blocked.
>> <http://sourceware.org/lists.html#spam>
>
> well, i've cc:'d this message to postmaster_sourceware_org.  is
> this the correct address?  it wasn't explicitly stated on the
> above web page.

Yep.

<snip>

>> We'll need to know what you're having problems doing, since
>> the 'Cygwin/X User's Guide' should provide the information
>> you're looking for already.  So we'd need to know what about
>> those instructions aren't answering your question.
>
> so there's no succinct check-list of steps for getting cygwin/x
> working that i could use to trouble-shoot my cygwin setup?

After installing Cygwin as the Users Guide suggests, you should
have a working installation.  If you do not, your best bet for
help is to review the FAQs (<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/> and
<http://cygwin.com/faq.html>), the Users Guides
(<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/> and <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/>),
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/>).  If you can't find help that way, then
posting to the appropriate list with the requested information about your
problem (<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>) is the best way to go.  As
far as a "check-list" goes, the FAQ is probably the closest to what
you're thinking of.

Holliston, MA 01746