No bash.exe in bin after "successful" installation

Fri Aug 22 03:12:00 GMT 2008

Monwhea Jeng wrote:

<snip>

> I for some reason didn't think to try the other
> settings until you mentioned them (partially due to
> stupidity, but also because I just thought that I'd do
> it from downloaded files). I've tried with the IE5
> Settings several times now. I do get a list of
> download sites. Most times it's gotten stuck at the
> very start, unable to load a setup.bz2 file. More
> recently it's gotten stuck at "99%" setup, saying "No
> package. . . /etc/post-install/post-texmf." At this
> point the installation doesn't quite finish, but I do
> have bash and cygcheck in the bin. So hopefully I can
> figure out why the setup isn't quite finishing by
> reading the documentation on cygcheck and trying to
> decipher the new setup.log file. If you have any
> additional suggestions, that would be great, but your
> comment above was plenty helpful.

 From what I recall, post-texmf takes a long time with its
postinstall script.  You can try running it yourself from
'bash' to see if it will finish in a few hours.  After which
you should rerun 'setup.exe' to finish off all the other
postinstall scripts.  Or you can just rerun 'setup.exe'
again and wait for it to finish.  The latter is probably
easier but either should work.

Holliston, MA 01746