printf: %ls or %S does not work when string is of length 1.

Thu Aug 28 13:53:00 GMT 2008

On Aug 28 08:41, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:27:58PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Thanks for the testcase.  This looks like a bug in the newlib function
> > _wcsrtombs_r.  I'll send a bug report and a proposed fix upstream.
> > This will be fixed in Cygwin 1.7.
>
> If you are going to release another Cygwin 1.5, would you be willing to
> back port this fix?  Otherwise, Python 3.0 will not be able to run under
> Cygwin 1.5.

Actually I didn't plan to release another 1.5.  There will always be
some bug which could be fixed, but at some point before a new major
release you simply have to draw a line.  What about just adding a
Cygwin specific workaround in the 1.5 based Python 3.0 release?

Corinna

Red Hat