Text Mode and "$'\r': command not found" error

Clément LABORIE clement.laborie@atosorigin.com
Fri Aug 29 15:55:00 GMT 2008

Dear all,

I am currently working on a project using Cygwin to submit Bash files
(developments are done under Windows, with Notepad for example).
Here is my problem:
I have installed new version of Cygwin, with set up mode "Dos Mode"
instead of "Unix mode" because all of our files are in Windows Format.
When I try to source (using source or '.' builtin) a file, I have error:

 >source ${PROJECT_DIR}/myBash.bash
..... $'\r': command not found

 >echo ${PROJECT_DIR}
E:/project/...

When I replace ${PROJECT_DIR} by Unix directory /cygdrive/e/project/...,
it works well.

Note: this only happens when I try to source (not when I try to execute).
Note also that we had previous release of Cygwin installed with "Unix
Mode" on which it used to work... (even if I don't understand why)

Does anyone have an idea for how to solve this?

Thanks and regards,
Clément LABORIE