[Avail for test] login-1.9-8

Gary Wernsing wernsing@jeol.com
Sun Aug 31 17:59:00 GMT 2008

On Aug 30, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:

> Gary Wernsing wrote:
>> I have Cygwin as configured below running on XP SP3.
>>
>> rsh using .rhosts works fine but rlogin requests a password.
>>
> In the future, please *attach* your cygcheck output, instead of
> pasting
> it inline; doing it your way creates a ton of false-positives when
> people search the mailing list archives.

Sorry for the breach of etiquette. I should have thought of that and
didn't.

> However, thanks for the headsup. I *think* I know what the problem is,
> and will roll a new release soon. Login tests for the
> SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege, but newer csih packages (used by *-config
> scripts such as iu-config) no longer explicitly add that right to the
> cyg_server user.
>
> (the local Administrators group has that right by default, but it
> isn't
> found if you only look in the user security token; you have to look in
> the group token. Login's simple code only looks in the user token
> IIRC.)
>
> For now, you could try adding that privilege to the cyg_server user
> manually.

I added the SetIncreaseQuotaPrivilege  to the cyg_server user and that
cured the problem.

[For those who got here on a search, this is found as
"Local Computer Policy\
Computer Configuration\
Windows Settings\
Security Settings\
Local Policies\
User Rights Assignment\
Adjust memory quotas for a process"
when using the gpedit.msc group policy edit snap-in]

> --
> Chuck

Thank you for the suggestion.

-- Gary