cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists to merge

John Emmas johne53@tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 08:27:00 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)"
Subject: Re: cygwin and cygwin-xfree lists to merge

> That may have been true until November 12.  But in the last four weeks
> since X11R7.4, there have been ~500 messages on cygwin-xfree, including
> 30 announcements (including 3 xserver revisions).  Comparatively, there
> have been ~660 messages on cygwin including ~45 announcements.

I suspect that's probably an untypical situation.  I can give you some
figures for the 3 months from August 17th (when I first registered) to
November 17th (when I unsubscribed from xfree).  These figures include
announcements as well as posts that were duplicated on both lists:-

cygwin.xfree = 194 messages
cygwin = at least 1374 messages

I can't give an accurate figure for the cygwin list because I regularly have
to unsubscribe from it due to the high volume of traffic.  It wouldn't
surprise me if the true figure isn't 50 percent higher or more (i.e. ten
messages on cygwin list for every one on cygwin.xfree).

John