MinTTY

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:32:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to introduce "MinTTY", a terminal emulator for Cygwin that I've
been working on for a while. It is based on the terminal emulation and
Windows frontend parts of PuTTY 0.60 by Simon Tatham and his team.

Unlike PuTTYcyg, MinTTY discards PuTTY's networking functions, which are
already convered by Cygwin's ssh and telnet packages. This results in
simpler configuration, a leaner interface and small code size. MinTTY's
most obvious difference to rxvt is its native Windows interface and
configuration dialog.

More info, as well as the latest sources and binary can be found on the
project page:

   http://code.google.com/p/mintty

The MinTTY discussion group can be found at:

   http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss

I hope you'll give MinTTY a try, and I'm looking forward to feedback and
questions. Bug reports and feature requests can be sent via the issue
tracker on the project page.

Regards,
Andy