Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service

Alfred von Campe alfred@von-campe.com
Thu Feb 7 16:00:00 GMT 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:46, Dave Korn wrote:

>   It all depends where you keep your home directory.  For a home on
> your local
> HD, that's fine, but if you have home on a network share, you need
> 'smbntsec',
> since ntsec defaults to only cover local drives for speed.

Yes, our home directories are on network drives (NetApp shares).  I
am seeing some very strange behavior at the moment with permissions,
and will need to work with our IT department at some mutually
convenient time.  This may not happen for a few days, and I'll report
back with my findings once I've tried various options.

Alfred