Cygwin OCFS support (or lack of)

Thu Feb 7 18:36:00 GMT 2008

On Feb  7 19:07, doron cs wrote:
> [OCFS]
> I have found No hits on Oracle or on cygwin
> Has anyone encountered the issue ?
> Can anyone  follow up ?

None of the base developers of Cygwin has access to an OCFS file system.
To get this working in future Cygwin releases, we need somebody (you?)
for debugging.  Output from `strace ls' might sched some light on this
issue.  Or, even better, you build a debug version of Cygwin and use GDB
for some serious debugging.  The relevant functions are in fhandler.cc
and fhandler_disk_file.cc.

Apart from that, would you mind to run the attached application?
Just build it and run it like this:

  $ gcc -g -o GetVolInfo GetVolInfo.c -lntdll
  $ ./GetVolInfo /cygdrive/p

Paste the output in a reply to this list.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat