Cygwin OCFS support (or lack of)

Mon Feb 11 13:00:00 GMT 2008

On Feb 10 04:18, Robert Pendell wrote:
> Well I thought to take my hand at it and see what the strace looked
> like.  I followed it against a good strace from one of my own local
> directories.  If you search for fhandler_disk_file::opendir you will
> find that it fails with error 2 which appears to make subsequent
> attempts to access information fail (errno 89).  You will only find one
> reference to that handler.  Afterwards it silently fails.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong here.

The opendir works fine.  It returns a valid DIR pointer as you can see
in the line before the geterrno_from_win_error.

What happens looks like this:

  opendir succeeds.

  In the first call to readdir, NtQueryDirectoryFile generates a Win32
  error 2, "No such file" so readdir fakes a "." directory entry.

  In the next call NtQueryDirectoryFile generates a Win32 error 18,
  "No more files".  readdir fakes a ".." entry.

  In the next call NtQueryDirectoryFile generates another Win32 error
  18 and readdir finally fails with errno 89, "No more files".

The first error, Win32 error 2 is very strange and I have no explanation
for this.  Maybe it's not enough for OCFS to open the directory handle
with FILE_LIST_DIRECTORY access.  It might help to use GENERIC_READ in
opendir instead.  This should be tested by somebody with OCFS access.

Corinna

Red Hat