Success in accessing network shares on windows through sshd

Fri Feb 15 19:37:00 GMT 2008

Jani Saksa wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> Jani Saksa wrote:
>>> If I understand correctly you can't normally see or access mapped
>>> network drives on windows when remotely logged through cygwin sshd,
>>> but I found a way and I have a couple questions:
>>
>> Have you seen and read through this?
>>
>> <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.shares>
>
> Seems that I've missed that... So there is no easy way to use non-public
> share, except with 'net use' command, but is there any work-in-progress
> around this issue at the moment?`(personally I would gladly participate,
> but I know too little about windows programming and cygwins internals to
> actually be helpfull ;) ).

There's nothing in 1.5.x to help.  You'd need to run a snapshot.  See:

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-09/msg00658.html>
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2006-11/msg00000.html>
<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>

Holliston, MA 01746