Building C++ program with QT under cygwin

Thu Feb 21 09:32:00 GMT 2008

hce wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
> <reply-to-list-only-lh...> wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Again, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  We discourage feeding
spammers around here.

>> hce wrote:
>>  > On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
>>  > <reply-to-list-only-lh....> wrote:
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>  <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.
>>
>>  <snip>
>>

>>  >>  If you can live with QT3, just go to kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net and install
>>  >>  the pre-packaged version using 'setup.exe'.
>>  >
>>  > I am using QT 4.3 under linux, so I guess have to download the same
>>  > version QT to the cygwin. I guess you said yes I should install the QT
>>  > 4.3 for Linux package under Cygwin. Please correct me.
>>
>>  If you must have QT 4.3, then you need to pull the source for that over and
>>  try to build it under Cygwin.
>
> I actually tried QT 4.3 linux packaget, but could not build it could
> not find cygwin-g++ in makespec directory. The QT seems only support
> minGW on Windows.

I expect there is some porting effort involved here, though I don't know
how much.

> I then tried to installed QT 3 as you suggested from setup.exe,  it
> got an error "QMAKSPEC" is not defined when calling "gmake -unix -o
> Makefile project.pro" which was the same command I was running on
> linux machine.
>
> Any advice how to use QT 3 under cygwin?

I'm not a QT guru.  I haven't dealt with QT for years and even then it
was only on the periphery.  I guess the first question to ask is whether
your project will build against QT 3 under Linux.

Holliston, MA 01746