[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-8

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Sun Feb 24 09:43:00 GMT 2008

* Corinna Vinschen (Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:28:19 +0100)
> I've uploaded a test version of the Cygwin DLL and its utilities,
> version 1.5.25-8.
>
> The main purpose of this update is to allow Cygwin to run correctly on
> Windows 2008 Server.  A change in the exception handling in Windows 2008
> Server requires to change the exception handling in the Cygwin DLL as
> well, otherwise an exception in a Cygwin process results in an endless
> loop in the OS, taking 100% CPU.  I reported this problem upstream.
>
> Apart from that, this new release contains a couple of additional fixes
> which cropped up in the last two months.
>
> Please give it a test.
>
> Baring any solution for the exception handling problem in Windows 2008
> Server from Microsoft which would allow to revert to the old behaviour,
> and if we find nothing else serious in this test release, I plan to
> make this the official release end of next week.

I couldn't install Cygwin on a Windows 2008 machine. The setup stalls
when terminfo.sh /etc/postinstall/terminfo.sh gets executed. Bash goes
up to CPU load between 80% and 100% (but I checked with Process
Monitor that bash does not access the file system or the registry).

When i first install the new release (click on "experimental") and on
a second run the rest the installation works fine.

Thorsten