How can I run a script?

Mirco Piccin pictux@gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:17:00 GMT 2008

Hi.

> can login to a shell from windows and run commands but how do I create a script

I think you mean to run a command without open cygwin shell.
If i understand well, here you are how i've done that.

First of all, i've created a file .bat (example: run_rsynch.bat) on my desktop
.. and inside that (supposing you install cygwin in your C: drive):

C:

chdir C:\cygwin\bin

bash --login -i -c 'rsync -avz root@10.0.0.2:/home/funnel/Jan*
/cygdrive/e/Earchives'

Save & Exit.
Now you need only to double-click in your .bat file and insert your
password if required.

Instead, if you want to create a  script to run in cygwin environment,
follow the Eric post.

...my 2 cents...

Regards