"net use" (and "net config")

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Thu Jan 17 20:55:00 GMT 2008

On 2008-01-17, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

>>> It means that you can have the same (network) drive letter
>>> assigned multiple times, one in each userland.
>>
>> And when logged in using public key authentication, you don't
>> have a "userland"?
>
> Well you do but it's SYSTEM's "userland".

So why can't one map drives in SYSTEM's "userland"?

> I suppose you could try opening a system-owned shell and "net
> use"ing the share you want.  Google for the recipe to create a
> system-owned shell.

Why the difference in userland depending on which
authentication method is used?

That seems really counter-intuitive.

[and people wonder why I hate using MS Windows...]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Jesuit priests are
                                  at               DATING CAREER DIPLOMATS!!