ssh interactive shell not working

Sun Jan 20 03:31:00 GMT 2008

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>  Thanks.  We frown on feeding
spammers here. ;-)

Kyle A. Dawson wrote:
> Also, as a test I run a simple remote command to get ls of dir and it failed
> $ ssh backup.webmadeeasy.net ls -lart /usr/bin
> ls: /dev/fs/D/usr/bin: No such file or directory
>

> But home directory works
> $ ssh backup.webmadeeasy.net ls -lart
> total 49637
> -rwx------+ 1 myid    	Domain Users 	0 Jul 26  2004 Sti_Trace.log
> -rwx------+ 1 myid 	Domain Users      181 Sep 16  2004 desktop.ini
> -rwx------+ 1 myid 	Domain Users 	440385 Sep 16  2005 support2.zip
> -rwx------+ 1 myid 	Domain Users 	4377 Oct 16  2005 NetDiag.log
>
> Can this be related?

Indeed.  I find the '/dev/fs/D/' part to be quite confusing.  Are you sure
you're using all Cygwin tools here?  BTW, did you ever send your cygcheck
output as described by <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>?  If not, looking
at that could be helpful all around.

I'm still curious what the output was of your attempt to log into your
machine with bash logging on, even if it does succeed.  Can you send that?

Holliston, MA 01746