perl: ExtUtils-Liblist-Kid rejects $thislib.$so

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu Jul 3 15:56:00 GMT 2008

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) schrieb:
> EU::Liblist::Kid refuses any linker flags which resemble $thislib.$so.
> This is required by the Gtk2-Perl modules to link one against another OOTB.
>
> I discussed this recently on gtk-perl-list.  The relevant thread:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2008-March/msg00097.html
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2008-April/msg00000.html

Ok, can you test this patch?

I just uploaded release -5 to my temp sourceware.org location,
but it was not a good sign obviously. I'll repackage.

The linker can swallow the link to the dll directly
(if EU::Liblist::Kid would behave correctly),
or we can generate convenience importlibs when used with
EU::Liblist::Kid. I believe linking directly to the dll is easier.

But another core failure without testcase.
We have to get rid of all the wrong platform quirks for cygwin finally.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/