user shared size version mismatch while trying scp

Thomas Wiedmann th.wm@gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 19:10:00 GMT 2008

Hello,

after trying to call a statement of the pattern
$ scp /cygdrive/F/Temp/Test.log myuser@serverip:/tmp
in my Cygwin bash console (called by C:\Programme\Cygwin\Cygwin.bat), I've
got multiple messages like:

     c:\Programme\OpenSSH\bin\scp.exe (772): *** shared version mismatch
detected - 0x8A88009C/0x75BE0074.
     You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your system.

     c:\Programme\OpenSSH\bin\scp.exe (2884): *** user shared size version
mismatch detected - 0xA65C/0xA660.
     You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your system.
     ... and so on.

     Yes, it's true; I have 2 versions of cygwin1.dll on the system:
     C:\Programme\Cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
     C:\Programme\OpenSSH\bin\cygwin1.dll

How can scp be called and run successfully within the Cygwin console without
getting this mismatch error message and without removing the
C:\Programme\OpenSSH installation?

Thomas Wiedmann