Compiling cdecl and c++decl for cygwin?

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Jul 11 15:16:00 GMT 2008

leeand00 wrote:

> cdecl.c:141: error: conflicting types for 'setprogname'
> /usr/include/cygwin/stdlib.h:22: error: previous declaration of
> 'setprogname' was here

Remove line 141 from cdecl.c.  It's almost certainly a C prototype,
included for some blinkered system where that function isn't declared in
one of the system headers.  On Cygwin, it's obviously declared in stdlib.h.

> In file included from /usr/include/sys/unistd.h:159,
>                  from /usr/include/unistd.h:4,
>                  from lex.yy.c:588,
>                  from cdecl.c:193:
> /usr/include/getopt.h:52: error: conflicting types for 'getopt'
> cdecl.c:127: error: previous declaration of 'getopt' was here

Same thing here: line 127 doesn't need to be there, for Cygwin at least.

> cdecl.c:402: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

You can ignore it, since it's just a warning.  If you want to fix it,
it's probably trivial.  I'm not all that interested in downloading the
source to debug it, though.

> cdecl.c:1255: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

Ditto.