un-indenting doesn't work with vim

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Jul 18 05:50:00 GMT 2008

Matt Wozniski wrote:
> Well, there's your problem. You told vim that the backspace key sends
> 0x7F, when in fact it sends 0x08 in your terminal emulator. Vim would
> have done the correct thing, if it ever saw a backspace, but it never
> saw 0x7F, only 0x08. :fixdel is archaic, and never necessary on modern
> systems; moreover you should always understand what a command does
> before trying to use it.
I can as easily say that backspace should always - I repeat always - do
a backspace.

BTW It would be exceedingly helpful if the documentation said exactly
what a command does instead of cryptically saying only:

        t_kb    <BS>            backspace key                   *t_kb*
*'t_kb'*
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.