File permissions cygwin install

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi@alice.it
Sun Jul 20 23:03:00 GMT 2008

Larry Hall wrote:

> Doing so would likely remove the ability that we have now the allows
> users pre-create the installation directory with the permissions
> they want to have for the entire tree.  So adding the additional
> functionality you speak of to 'setup.exe', while possible, comes
> with additional costs beyond the obvious (of just implementing
> your idea).

I haven't written to add something to 'setup.exe'. I have tried to
stress the logic Linux/Cygwin asking for a workaround, mainly to correct
a current installation.

Cheers,
    Angelo.

---
Tu proverai si' come sa di sale
lo pane altrui, e come e' duro calle
lo scendere e 'l salir per l'altrui scale.

                   DANTE, Paradiso, xvii 58-60