1.7.0-19: Still unexplained path problems

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer@wayne.edu
Mon Jul 21 20:16:00 GMT 2008

Hi gang,

Recently I installed Cygwin 1.7.0-19. A couple problems have disappeared
since my previous version (.17? .18?). The a: disk is no longer referenced.
In addition, an error I never bothered to report, in which no matter what
disk I changed to using a drive letter and a colon I always got the c: disk,
has been fixed. But the problem with invalid paths when trying to configure
a Cygwin program still remains.

The program is brltty. It's included in the Cygwin distribution. The version
I'm configuring is downloaded via svn from brltty's site, but it's the same
site used to create the Cygwin package and this procedure works under 1.5.
Here's the screen when I run ./autogen:

$ ./autogen
application-specific initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in
the following directories:
    //?/E:/cygwin/share/tcl8.4 //?/E:cygwin/share/tcl8.4
//?/E:cygwin/usr/share/tcl8.4 //?/E:share/tcl8.4 //?/E:cygwin/library //?/E
:library //?/E:../tcl8.4.1/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

$

Just to make sure it wasn't my fault, I uninstalled and then reinstalled
tcltk and friends, everything in the full view between (not including) tar
and tcm, but as you can see it didn't do any good.

I hope this is useful,

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services